Volunteers make our world go round!
Our volunteers are absolutely crucial in helping us accomplish our mission. By assisting with everything from budget projections, camp supply organization, camper application management, and writing grants throughout the year, we are able to meet our annual fundraising goals, provide numerous family services throughout the year, and keep our organizational costs to a minimum. We adore our Camp Family and are grateful for all they do to make Camp Casco possible.
We value your volunteer experience
We appreciate that our volunteers give time, energy, and resources to further our mission throughout the year, and it's important to us that every volunteer has a great experience on our team. Some of the ways we prioritize your volunteer experience at Camp Casco:
- Many volunteer positions can be done remotely and around work, school, family, and daily life
- We offer different levels of volunteer commitment, with varying time requirements and expectations based on your particular role
- Positions are available in a variety of areas to find the experience that fits you best
- Opportunities for collaboration across a number of working committees allow for innovative approaches to challenges in the organization
- We ensure a positive, supportive working environment, and welcome individuals from all walks of life
- We routinely seek out feedback from our volunteers to identify areas of improvement and strive to create the best experience possible
- As a small, growing organization, every volunteer makes an impact on our current services, and has the opportunity to truly shape our future.
Why volunteer with us?
-Emma, Family Outreach Committee
“Camp Casco holds such a special place in my heart. As the Camp Director, I get to see the impact this organization has on our kids first hand. Camp Casco has provided kids the opportunity to forget about the hospital, forget about the tests, and focus on being a kid. I’ve also been lucky enough to witness new friendships being formed by a common experience. These kids now have a community of other kids who understand what they have gone through in a way that their friends at school cannot. There’s nothing more magical than that kind of bond.”
-Krystin, Camp Planning Committee
“I was looking to volunteer for a local organization that supported cancer patients, and I could not have found a better group than Camp Casco. They are endlessly compassionate, caring, fun, and silly, and really support the kids and their families year round. The kids love every minute that they get to spend with our volunteers, and we love every time we get to see them!”
-Summer, Special Events Committee
“Providing resources for children and families affected by pediatric cancer has long been an important cause for me. However, the travel and work required for my job made it hard to volunteer in person. Being a member of Camp Casco’s Grant Committee allows me to stay connected to this cause, and has been an amazing opportunity to work with some of the most fun, caring, and selfless people! I am so happy to be able to help acquire even just a portion of the funds that make camp and other Casco events possible for the kids and their families.”
-Lauren, Grant Committee
"I started volunteering for Camp Casco only a couple weeks after my daughter was born. As a mom, all I want is for my little girl to grow up in a world of fun, love, and laughter. Camp Casco is able to give that experience to these incredible children who have been through so much and deserve all the happiness in the world!"
-Michelle, Family Outreach Committee
"Camp Casco is a huge part of my life! It means a lot to be able to affect the lives of children who have cancer now to complement the cancer research I do everyday at the bench."
-Lara, Special Events Committee
"I love being a part of Camp Casco! We give these amazing kids a chance to have fun and just be kids again. Seeing them laugh and play together, while pelleting each other with water balloons and singing songs around the campfire, is the best feeling in the world."
-Grace, Grant Committee